Who qualifies for Medicare?
Medicare originated in the 1960’s as a government-provided fee-for-service insurance program intended primarily for seniors. However, it has evolved over the years and now the program encompasses several distinct parts, each of which is outlined below.
- Medicare Part A covers facility-based care such as hospital visits, emergency room services, hospice, and nursing home care.
- Medicare Part B covers traditional outpatient treatments and services, including vaccinations, lab tests, mental health services, outpatient operations, durable medical equipment, and most other medical services not performed in a hospital.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) covers elements of Parts A, B, and sometimes D.
- Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs.
- Medigap comes through private insurance companies and aims to fill in the “gaps” left in the traditional Medicare coverage.
Know Your Choices
Flatland Jessup can help you look at alternative plans through either Medigap or Medicare Advantage. Both of which offer additional support through third-party insurers, and they are required to provide equal or better coverage when compared to regular Medicare.
Contact Us Today. We are here to help!